Friday, November 13, 2009

Opinions please...

Again, Craigslist is my best friend. I have been diligently searching craigslist to find a display hutch. I had a very specific look in mind. And seriously I have been looking for over 3 months. I had given up and decided that Jer was going to have to make me a hutch top for a shelf base I already had. I don't think he was to keen on the idea. So on Monday night I got on craigslist to look again. And I found this hutch. Here's the kicker, it was only $30 bucks! Such a steal. It is exactly what I was looking for. Plus everyone else selling things like this were asking $100 plus for them. It is solid wood and everything. Luckily I have great connections on the east side of the valley and could get it the next day. (Thanks Tim for getting it for me)

Here is where I need some input. The back upper half is going to have bead board in it. (oh how I love the bead board) But I am not sure what color to paint the whole hutch. Here are my thoughts.

Black. But I already have a good amount of black pieces in my house and I think I should branch out a bit.

Antique white with a brown wash. Like my bed. But it is going to sit against a white wall. So is that to boring?

Then last I am thinking bold and paint it RED with a dark, probably black wash. I am tempted to do red because it will make a statement. But I don't want to do red because whatever I decorate it with will have to look good with red. I don't want stuff to clash.

What should I do?
PS The Warren Kimball flag print in the hutch was $3 at Goodwill. Thank you to the person who bought it at Joanne's for $49.99. Then donated it to Goodwill so I could buy it for $3.oo. Oh have I love a bargain.

11 comments:

  1. Hey Heidi! I think that is terrific furniture!! Way to go, and way to be patient for it. It paid off huh? On colors, I wish I could help you. Maybe I am lazy, but I actually like the color it is... But any of the finishes you proposed would be lovely! I anxiously await the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say go red with the black stain. You would be surprised at how much stuff goes with red anyway. But, whatever you do, I know it will be great! Can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red Red Red! That is my vote, but I am sure whatever you do will be cute. It is beautiful and you got a great deal! I can't wait to see how it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so darn jealous of you and your good finds! I vote black Black is classic and you can match just about anything with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok I am SO jealous. I have been searching craigslist for a hutch for my kitchen for MONTHS. You give me inspiration though.... keep checking craigslist. haha!
    I say black or red. Black would be more matchy matchy, but cute. But red I think would be awesome with your other black furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Red...then don't put anything on there that clashes. Problem solved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote red with black wash to match you AWESOME door. Believe it or not I am actually going to paint my door country blue with a black wash instead of red. After all of my gawking over your red door I am going with blue. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. RED! But if not red then I say you can never have too much black. I would love both.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you thought about sage green?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I say red...or sage green like someone mentioned, but red would be freakin' awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such a cute blog! I'm glad I found it off Ashley's blog...hope ya don't mind me blog hopping!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails