Sunday, November 1, 2009

Insert Witch Cackle Here...

This year Halloween was really fun. Bode was really into it. The other night it was really windy and he got all excited. He told me he could hear Halloween outside. He really wanted to put on his costume and go outside. He had a little pre-school party, a trunk-or-treat, and trick out treating. We have so, so much candy! Jer was working and I didn't want to do Halloween by myself so we pack up and drove to Queen Creek to celebrate with the Papa's.




Laine was originally going to be a "Laine Bug" aka a lady bug. I couldn't find wings and was procrastinating about getting it done. Then I decided I didn't even want to do a costume for her. I didn't want to spend the time and money on something that she wouldn't remember or like anyway. Then I found a little witch hat. It was too cute to pass up. So with the cute hat, black tights, black shirt and poofy skirt she made the cutest little witch I have ever seen. She didn't care much for pictures, cute just the same.












Their Halloween Day outfits. Thank you Great Grandma Joncas!










Bode was Optimus Prime. He was happy to have this costume.


All the kids gathered around the door Trick-or-Treating their little hearts out.




Bode caught on to the whole concept of trick-or-treating fairly fast. A few times he got a little impatient waiting for the people to come to the door. He actually opened the door and nearly walked in twice. Just like his dad. Not afraid of anything and very friendly. I missed not having Jer there. It would have been fun to have him around. But we are grateful he has a job. Plus I think when Jer is around I am less of a hovering parent.







After all the celebrating we packed up and drove home. But not before we stopped off at Daddy's work.









My cute little witch.





Happy Halloween!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh fun, fun, fun! I love checking out everyone's blogs during the holidays. The kids look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi,

    You are way better than me. I didn't even put Elora in a halloween costume. Laine made an adorable witch :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you going to spend Halloween with Jill and John. Its never as fun when you're all alone on a holiday. I love little baby girls as witches... too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way cute costumes!! What is it with boys and the transformers this year? MJ wanted to be Bumblebee.. but we convinced him to try the Hulk. Once we painted him green.. he got pretty excited about it. ;)

    Looks like a great Halloween! I love that the older the kids get the more and more they get into these holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails