Friday, June 5, 2009

Look what I did today!!!

I am very proud of myself today. I made this little dress! A friend and I are planning on getting together to make a dress (or two) for our little girls. I figured that I needed to brush up on a few of my skills before I sew with someone else. Good thing I did. It took a long time and had a quite a few mess ups but the finished product looks good.

My model wasn't very cooperative.

I didn't want to go to the store so lucky I had this fabric tucked away. I wasn't sure if it would look good together but I love it now. And I didn't have a pattern so I made it up myself. Don't look to close, I didn't have my mom to help me. Now I am super excited to sew next week! My Mom is sending a pattern so hopefully the next dress will turn out better than this one.



My favorite part is the messy flower on the side.
I found a little pattern online to make little shoes. I think I am going to attempt those tonight.

7 comments:

  1. So, I am in love with that dress (Your model is too cute for words as well). I LOVe the fabric. I am really excited to sew next week, but I am pretty new to sewing. You may have to bear with me, but it will be fun anyway:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY CUTE, especially the little unhappy model:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO impressed. I would LOVE to be that good at sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is really cute.
    and i love the colors together.
    know how to make any boy stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so stinkin' cute!! If I had a girl, I would buy one from you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails