Friday, March 20, 2009

This is what I daydream about...

I can't wait until I can decorate Laine's little room. I am a big Pottery Barn Kids fan, just not a fan of their prices. I think when I do get to do her room I will be stealing a lot of their ideas. And a few other ideas I have picked up along the way...
Aren't these little piggy banks cute? Hobby Lobby sells ceramic ones that you paint for a fraction of the price the Pottery Barn sells them for.

One day when we have our own house I am putting some of this white chair rail up. I love the height of it. I was never a big fan of white but I love this look. I especially love the shelf along the top if it.

These little push boards would be easy too. Just cover up some square cork board with cute fabric and there you have a whole wall just ready to fill up with little kids art work.

I am not going to pretend that I am some kind of artist but these would be so easy to do. I am dying to try to paint one of these. I think I will start with the little flowers. You could even do them on wood rather than canvas because canvas can get pricey. I really, really want to try the top one with all the houses. I love all the little details. Plus I like the white dresser underneath it with the pink polka dot handles.

Oh all the pillows. I am head over heals for all the owls and bird silhouette. Darn if only I had the money to do all these things.


More wall decor. These would be fun to. Just some scrapbook paper, square canvases and some mod-podge. Oh and a bit of creativity would go a long way to.


Definitely a green room for Laine.


More ideas on my list of wishes...


A weekly menu planner. I can't decide which one I like better.

I think I am years and years away from getting any type of bedroom set for Jer and my room. So I think until then it is going to be pretty eclectic. I love the idea of and old door for a headboard and a bunch of different types of patterns for the bed linens.
Clip board wall organization.
And last but not least a chalk board door. You can buy them already built in or buy chalk paint. Martha Stewart has a line of chalk paint that can be tinted different colors if you aren't fond of black.

Well that is all. I don't know where all of these pictures came from. When I come across something I like I copy it in a folder on my desktop. I am not pretending these are any of my own ideas.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you are much more creative than I am. Want to decorate my apartment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE!! I want to do chair rail in our nursery too. AND, I've ALWAYS wanted a chalkboard door!! I think they are so fun!

    Cute ideas!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff, and you are just the one to do it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this stuff. I do the same thing - copy and paste pictures into a folder of things to someday try to make. If only we had the time and money!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh with that little post i think i should send you to this site
    http://www.delightfuldots.blogspot.com/
    for blog templetes...i think you might like it!
    especially this one....
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FKoAhHuk-Kc/ScCJokCD7eI/AAAAAAAAAiI/O-8NV2CNJRo/s1600-h/Bird2.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  6. just so ya know...i stalk you too! lol and your whole family for that matter! its fun to keep up with former ward-mates LOL
    btw..your blog looks GREAT and very YOU! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh honey that is what I day dream about too. A house the EXACT way I want it... but that requires money and time. Two things I am very short on. haha. We can always dream can't we?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails