Saturday, January 3, 2009

Saturday ramblings...

I am not that bad of a parent...am I?


Bode had taken to telling me "quiet" or "quit it" to me periodically though out the day. Since I am were he learns 90% of his vocabulary I have been racking my brain to figure out when I was using those words towards him. He doesn't just say them he yells or speaks them very harshly. So I have been really watching myself lately. So yesterday I put him down for a nap and a little while later Stat started to bark in the backyard. Every time he barked I heard Bode yell "quiet!" or "quit it!". So I guess I am not a bad parent, just a bad dog owner and Bode has picked up on it. Opps



Empty house...



Now that all my Christmas stuff is put away my house feels so empty. I loved all my decorations this year, especially my tree. I really want to copy this mantle some how in my house. I love it. To bad we don't have a fire place. I guess I will scale it down and make it work somewhere else.



It only took me a year to find it...

I love this little Nalgene bottle I bought for Bode. My two nieces have/had one last year and I have been searching high and low for one since then. Just ask Jer. Every sporting goods store we would go in I would go looking for it. I had found it online but didn't want to have to pay shipping for it. But we went to Dicks in the mall on New Years Eve and yeah it was there! I have found pink and purple one but no boy ones, so we found this green one and I couldn't pass it up. Bode's old sippy cups are getting old and gross, so this one is a great replacement. Plus it doesn't leak, and it is a lot bigger than the typical sippy cup. I fill it up with ice and juice in the morning and he doesn't ask me to fill it up until bedtime. Much better than every hour like before.
Pregnancy...


Look, I have gain so much weight you can't even tell it's me. Poor Kate, being pregnant with 6 babies would kill me.



I have another appointment on Monday. Maybe there will be some kind of progress, probably not. The funny thing is that as much as I want her to be here I am not ready for her yet. I am not horribly uncomfortable...yet, probably tomorrow though :) But she can't come until my house is clean. And I am so procrastinating on getting it clean. The funny thing is that I am "nesting" but not in a productive way. I can't seem to get the living room clean, but having the stove spotless is way more important!?!


Jeremiah was planning on going snowboarding on Monday. But the crazy pregnant wife-that's me- has convinced him to stay home. I have this fear that if he were to leave that I would go into labor and have to scramble to get everything in order to get me to the hospital and Bode taken care of. Instead of going snowboarding he has volunteered to clean house. I am so lucky to be married to such a great guy! He even told me to get together a list of chores for him to do so he would know what his doom is. Hopefully he likes sweeping, mopping, scrubbing tubs, and folding laundry.



Bode is oh so lucky to have Grandpa Dave and Grandma Trish. My mom called last night to tell us they wanted to come see Bode. They came down this morning to visit and go out to lunch with us. I told him last night that they were coming and he was very excited. I am grateful that my parents are so willing to be a part of our lives. We love them so much!!

2 comments:

  1. I love that bottle! I think I may have to get one as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that mantle! I want a mantle in whatever house we buy.

    And we have two of those Nalgene cups for Kason and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!! I won't ever buy another kind of sippy cup! And just an FYI we always buy ours at Sports Authority. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails