Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008...

We had a great Thanksgiving this year. The only down fall was that Jeremiah had to work. So Bode and I were flying solo. We headed over to my sister's house with Lee Thanksgiving morning to celebrate it with family. I was pretty sad to have to leave Jeremiah. We have celebrated every Thanksgiving holiday together for the past 4 years. The good thing is that he will have 6 days off this upcoming week and he doesn't have to work Christmas Eve or Christmas day! He did get to get a little tradition in though, playing football in the morning. Later my Dad was kind enough to drive clear across the valley with me so that I could bring Jer a bit of Thanksgiving food.
Jill, my Mom, Lee and me.
I didn't get out my camera enough and missed taking pictures of everyone. I always do that.All the kids oh so ready for food!

Lee and me.


Me, Lee and Jill



Grandpa and Grandma with the ever growing bunch of Grand kids.

Jer and I at his precinct. Isn't he handsome in his uniform? Look at my belly! It looks like a basketball under there. It is amazing that it can get so big, plus I still have a ways to go. I am going to be huge!!



Bode had so much fun playing with his cousins. This is the only way I could get a picture, by forcing him.

Jill and John did such a great job hosting Thanksgiving. A few weeks ago I was with Jill and John. We were at Hobby Lobby and Jill was getting cute paper plates for Thanksgiving dinner. John made the funny comment that he didn't want a picnic Thanksgiving this year. So they went all out with a beautiful table. Granted there is nothing wrong with paper plates, it was fun to be a bit fancy and use china. It was wonderful to have good company, good food and to be surrounded by family. Thank you Papa Family it was beautiful!!
Here is the kid table. We put brown paper on the table and there were crayons wrapped up in the napkins so they could decorate their table. The kids and I made a turkey out of Quinn's Halloween pumpkin by sticking glittery leaves in the back and calling them feathers.
Now on to Christmas! I can not believe that it is just days away from December. We are heading up to the mountains this upcoming week to go get a tree. It is time to take down my fall decorations and put up Christmas stuff. I am really excited to put up my Nativity. It is the first year we have had one in our home. I really have wanted to Willow Tree scene. But it is way out of my price range. When Christmas rolls around I always think I will just buy one piece, but never do. A couple weeks ago Hobby Lobby had all their Nativity sets half off. Jer was with me and agreed that we could get one. Bode loves it. On the way home he wanted to see every piece. He held each one and told me they were cute. I am loving the holidays so much more now that I am older. I am less concerned with the gifts and more focused on my little family, extended family and what the season really means. It is fun to start traditions with my little family.

3 comments:

  1. You look so good heidi!! what a fun thanksgiving you had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your cute belly! This is random, but I love how you can layer 3/4 length shirts with short sleeve shirts like that, I've tried and look like a retard! You look cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi, I am a stay at home mom with a cool little business to help my families income. I was wondering if you would like to check it out? If you would like to just email me at lindyjoseph500@yahoo.com or labjoseph@sendoutcards.com Thanks for taking a moment to look at it :) www.sendoutcards.com/lindyjoseph

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails