Thursday, October 16, 2008

Feeling oh so crafty...

I don't know what it is about fall, but it always makes me feels crafty. For the past few weeks I have been doing little projects around the house to decorate for fall. I love doing things with my hands. Here are a few of my little creations so far. Cute pumpkins to place on top of my entertainment center.
I had left over scraps from the big pumpkins to make little pumpkins.
I am not much of a glittery person. But these are fun.
Sneak peek on a Halloween stitchery project. This is going to be so cute! Plus next week I am going to my sisters house to meet up with her and my mom to make signs and hopefully do one for ourselves.
Oh yes, 25 weeks and 104 days to go. I had a doctors appointment this morning. Everything is going great. I was shocked to see that my scale and the doctors scale agreed that I have gained 9 pounds. That is great for me. I know the second that I write that down I will start gaining a pound a day. You will all know when my weight goes out of control becasue I will stop posting how much I have gained and lock myself in my bedroom to cry. Next time I have the yucky glucose test, but that will be offset by getting a 3-D ultrasounds.
* Just a side story. Jeremiah always teases me about my blogging. Things like I am always on the computer, blogging, all the time. Which I do agree I do spend a good amount of time on the computer, but I like it. It is a way to stay connected to the outside world on a daily basis. Other wise I would just be stuck at home, with no human interaction, changing dirty diapers scrubbing the tub. So the other night we were laying in bed talking and reminiscing about Bode when he was a little baby. We were exchange stories that we remembered and Jer says something to the effect of "we really should have been better at keeping a journal and writing all these things down" I laughed and said I have them all written out with pictures... it is call our blog! I have always been bad at keeping a journal, but I love to blog and write down all the wonderful and cruddy things that go on in our house. I have been wanting to put together our blog book for awhile and now that Jer has given me permission so do it becasue it is our family journal.
PS horray it is Thursday... The Office is on tonight!

8 comments:

  1. Let's see, at about 5 1/2 months along I had already gained like 25 pounds. good job, Heidi! and I like all your crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job at not gaining much! I have my appointment tomorrow but I'm sure I have gained more than 9 pounds. And I'm only 1 week ahead of you! Way to go Girl!

    Your crafts are always so cute! I wish I were crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute crafts!! I love crafts and need to do more... but I just don't feel motivated. I totally agree with the blogging thing. It's perfect for a stay at home mom that doesn't get much social interaction. Sometimes it's my only connection to the outside world in a whole week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez! Your house is so cute...and how did you make those pumkins? I always feel crafty around the holidays as well, but I don't know how to make anything. Good job..and you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so crafty! I love all the decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're the cutest pregnant lady!!! and you're sooo stikin crafty! That's so fun! I think that the Fall is a good motivator for people! The weather gets a lot nicer so you're happier to do things....at least I am. Im can get soooo grouchy in the heat! But I totally LOVE the FAll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your fabric pumpkins. Good luck on your stitchery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute decorations! Can I live at your house? Tim just told me last night that our house isn't as homey as he would like because we don't have much decor! Guess we need to go out less and use that money for deco. And maybe you could teach me how to be crafty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails