Monday, October 27, 2008

Classic October post... and other ramblings

I can't believe October is just about over! What the heck!?! That means I only have November, December and a bit of January before I have 2 kids. And I am betting that November will be my only productive month before I become a beached whale and don't want to do anything. That seems crazy to me. Oh so much to do and right now I don't want to do a thing.

Jeremiah's Grandma Joncas flew in from Missouri for a surprise visit. Hopefully Bode hasn't worn her out to much with his rambunctious ways. He has been thoroughly spoiled, but I know he likes it. We have sure enjoyed her stay with us. It has been more than 2 years since we have seen her, Bode was only 3 or 4 months old.

On Monday night we carved pumpkins. I thought Bode might like cleaning them out but he was not a fan, so Jer and I did the yucky job.






This is about as close as Bode got to the pumpkins when we cleaned them out. Jer threw a bit of the stuff out of the pumpkins at him and Bode got a rag to wash his foot off. He really didn't like it. (PS he is experimenting with underwear this evening)


I wasn't afraid to get my hands dirty.

Jer pointed out that my belly is as big as my pumpkin.
We got fancy this year and printed out patterns to carve our pumpkins. You had to pin them on and then trace them by poking hole around the silhouette. Bode felt like this was something that he wanted to do. He loved poking the pins into the pumpkin. He got very serious about it, even sticking his tongue out, he get that from me.

So yesterday I felt it was getting to close to Halloween and Bode needed a costume. I really have never liked store bought costumes, I prefer homemade ones. But man I for the life of me could not figure out what to make Bode. Any idea I had was shot down by Jeremiah. My sister in law found red leggings at her Wal-Mart, but I forgot to pick them up from her house when I was on the east side of town, so I couldn't make the "Dash" costume I had settled on. Jer suggested that we go buy one. This tiger outfit was what we came back with. He was not a fan of putting it on when we got home, but later in the evening he decided to show it off. Hopefully he will want to wear it on Halloween. If not we will just put a sign on him saying he is boycotting his costume and just wants candy.

Here is our finished pumpkin carving product. Jeremiah's turned out great. It is the tombstone/skeleton one on the left. And mine, after help from Jer and some tooth picks looks good too. If you can't tell what it is, it is ghosts in a window. To bad my camera made the pictures so fuzzy.

Bode is thinking about the potty more and more everyday. He wants to wear underwear, sit on the potty, and wipe, but nothing comes out. I am going to start really trying next Monday, anyone have any tricks or ideas to help us out? I figure that while he shows some interest I need to act on it. Other wise I may not get to it for a while and he is getting to bit for me to change his diaper. He sure does like to wear underwear though. He likes to show me his buns.



I guess he figures if the fridge is locked there must be something in the freezer worth scaling the fridge for. Bode must have grown a bit in the last few weeks. He can now open the tv cupboard and the freezer.
Here is Bode's latest trick. He finds "key" (coins) from around the house and figured out how to unlock the doors.

8 comments:

  1. Hey... we carved pumpkins last night too! Great minds think alike! I love your pregnant belly in the carving shots, it is so cute and round. Sorry we forgot to hook up with the leggings, but Bode is a cute tiger. Maybe he should just go in his thomas undies! Those buns shots are so cute. Oh, and even though I watched it... I still can't believe Bode figured out that coin in the lock! Too smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny about the pumpkins, we carved ours last night and Rhylan wanted nothing to do with it either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey this is Jeremiah and my pumkin is on the right and Heidi only put the fuzzy one on because her carving sucked my actually looks great if she would have put the good clear picture on the blog..................

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl so you remember how scary that was. Ha ha. I love how you said your first bad word. Dude good old Pinetop stories are so fun to tell. You look great girl. I am so excited for you to have a girl they are so much fun. I love the underwear photos...ha ha. Hey I was wondering if you know what Karli Flake is up to? I would love to get in touch with her. Did you know Marla Leonard? I just found her blog not to long ago. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bode seems like such a funny boy! Maybe one day I will get to meet the rest of Heidi (ie..hubby and kids!) I love that he hated the pumpkin guts - haha..... one day he will learn!!! So hey do you live by Celinda??

    ReplyDelete
  6. that picture with your belly and the pumpkin is so dang cute. You just popped right out! So adorable.

    As far as the potty training goes, we always bribed our kids. We used m&m's. I would even get excited in front of the kids when I went potty. I showed the kids that mommy got rewards too. I don't know.. GOOD LUCK girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww pumkin carving in the Thomas undies! love it! Good luck with the potty training!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute posts of your little family...Bode your buns look good in undies...maybe this will be a permenante experiment.
    I too am amazed at Bodes ability to unlock doors with coins...Watch out MOM!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails