Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Jeremiah said there would be no snow...

So Kim and Nate came to visit this past weekend. The plan was to get up on Sunday drop Bode off with my parents, fish for a while, then get a Christmas tree for them to take back to the valley. We just weren't planning on snow.
We made it close enough to the lake to see it. But we were stuck. It took 2 hours, 3 different truck helping, and a lot of digging to get us unstuck. There really wasn't that much snow but there were a few drifts the piled up more than a foot of snow. We just happened to drive through one of the big drifts. If we had driven about 3 feet to the left in this picture we would have been fine, but we didn't. Oh well.

Jeremiah and Nate worked really hard to get us unstuck.
Kim and I did not. We got out chairs and watched.
We did finally get to go fishing, and actually caught one big fish. So I guess it was worth it.
Here is the happy snowman Nate made. It has Salmon egg eyes, a hook for a mouth and other various fishing parts.

We almost didn't make it out of there alive becasue on top of getting stuck we were just about out of gas. We literally coasted into Eager on fumes. By the time we got to cutting down a tree it was just about dark, so I hope it looks ok.

I guess we have found a new family tradition, minus the getting stuck and almost running out of gas part. Thanks for the fun weekend Kim and Nate!!

7 comments:

  1. Looks very COLD!! Glad I wasn't there!! :) But you'll have a good story to tell, right?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is hilarious that you girls got out chairs and watched. but I guess what else could you do?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! Nathan is out there in a short sleeve shirt and its snowing! It was in the high 50's here last night and I was freezing... with a sweater and thick coat. I know I couldnt handle the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weren't you guys freezing in the snow? We never go fishing, but I would think fishing during winter would be so cold that it wouldn't be worth it.

    Our floors cost us under $400.00, but like I said, we found very similar ones at home depot on sale right now. We had to buy like 20 boxes of flooring I think and we could have got each box about 7 bucks cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya, I liked you guys just watching. I find that whenever us gals try to help the men, it always either makes them madder or the situation worse. Looks like fun though. We don't do anything like that. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the picture of the girls sitting in chairs! What an experience. Those kind make the best memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys are crazy! I love it! I am glad that all worked out well... and I love the charlie brown tree!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails