Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The sunny side of the street?



So we had a crazy night last Saturday. It was 2 am I was sleeping Jer was playing x-box (ahhhh, that was me being mad at him for that) And I was woken up by a huge crash. So I tried to turn on the lights and there was no power. Jer and I ran out on to the porch and we saw what happened. This obviously drunk as a skunk guy in a white Chevy truck was going to fast around the curve on Porter Mountain Road and must have over corrected hit an electric pole knocked it over, then ran up in some white guard rails that protect the gas pipes.

Jer called 911. The whole time this guys is revving the engine like he was trying to get out of there. Before the cops came another car pulled up behind it the driver of the truck got in it, when they heard the cops coming they turned off their lights and sped away. It was crazy. We watched for like an hour but the guy who got in the wreck got away for the night away.

The power was out so Bode and I had to go to my moms house to get ready for church. The scary thing is that if he had one any further he would have hit the gas pipes! It would have been a huge explosion.

The electric company worked all night and by 10 on Sunday morning the power was back on. The picture in the morning doesnt show how bat it was becasue by then they had untangled the electric cords from around the truck and put the pole back in the ground.

I was a good thing that it happened when it did becasue if not, Jeremiah would have been sleeping on the couch from playing x-box too much.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds a little scary! Poor Jeremiah, having to stop playing xbox! :) Glad your power is back on! Aren't you glad we did live in the pioneers time?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a scary night! Don't you hate when idiots like that get away?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok so many things just crack me up about this. I sometimes wake up to go to the bathroom (sometimes.. ok, all the time)... and I'll find Brad parked on the couch at 3 am. IT DRIVES ME INSANE... I can't go back to sleep because I'm so upset about the stupid video games. What is it about these guys now a days?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scary!! Our lights went out last week because someone ran into the power box too! What is it with some people?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails