Monday, September 24, 2007

Oh how we love the rain!!!


So much water everywhere!!
Our makeshift ponchos. Wow I can really pull off the nasty bag lady look.
Bode loves to explore in the woods.

This is how sweet Bode took a nap. Who needs a rocker when you have a quad?

Bode thought he was big stuff with this helmet on.


I am ready to ride!!

So we went swimming...oops I mean camping this weekend. It rained so much. We got to Bear Canyon Lake campground around 6 or so Friday night. Set up tents and waited for the Mandile's to come. We were all grumpy and sleepy by the time everyone got there that we just went to sleep. Another family was supposed to get there around midnight, but they got lost and ended up at camp around 4 in the morning. Yuck! Then Shanna and Shane and their three girls got to camp around 3 in the afternoon, they thought they would get there around 10:00 am, who's husband gave all the bad directions?

Anyways to make a really long story short, it started raining and by 7:30 we were all in our own tents. Tents that were not made to hold up against Noah's ark type rain coming down. The Mandile's tent had a good inch of water on the floor and they ended up sleeping in their car. We we a bit more lucky and didn't have standing water but we defiantly were not completely dry. We all got up and took down everything in the rain. Luckily we didn't have to bad of a ride home. unlike others who got stuck in traffic for literally hours.

We took Stat with us and he did good. Except that he wasn't supposed to get his paw wet so we had a fun time working around that.

Bode was a stinker. But much better than the last time we went camping. HE got in big trouble for hiding from us behind the trees.

Poor Jeremiah was sick the whole time, but he tried to have fun. Jessica will know what I am taking about when I say I am glad the I have a husband that is willing to get wet and work a little. Man I am grateful for that!

No camping for us for a long while!!!



8 comments:

  1. I honestly think that anyone that takes a baby/toddler camping deserves a medal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO AGREE HEIDI!! Both the husband comment! Thank heavens ours are not lazy!! ;) And the camping comment! You'll have to pay me! :) Love the poncho picture! I love the rain... just from the comfort of my house... It was fun seeing you guys though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of Bode in the helmet! And Brandon said if you want to see rain then come here... it rains a couple times a week and with a light rain we get 4 or 5 inches! I couldnt imagine taking Kamden camping so I applaud you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute that Bode slept on the quad ride... and yes you make an absolutlely adorable bag lady. ;) I can understand the running off thing.. my son does that.. and it thinks it's funny... scares the crap outta me. I need a leash for my kid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUck after reading all that no camping for me either! Sounds like a lot of work and I am tired! I agree you deserve a metal for taking not only Bode, but Stat too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your camping experience...that's why I don't like camping so much! I'll never forget the last yw camp I went to. It rained and I was miserable! Anyway, sounds like you've been busy. So, do you feel like helping me with my blog page? :) I'm not sure how to tell you what I like. I got on the scrapbooking page you told me about and I like the vintage flowers. Anyway, where do we start? Thanks so much!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stinky trip! Better luck next time I guess. Props to you guys for sticking it out and making the best of it anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, Heidi You are so funny when you write I love reading your blogs! You always have something funny to say! Bode in that helmet is adorable! Camping usually turns out a little crazy in one way or another but to add rain Im SURE was just the icing on the cake huh! O nelly! Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails