Saturday, June 9, 2007

Gas prices...

So I am retarded. Jeremiah filled up our car all the way today. With ridiculous gas prices we rarely fill up all the way. We normally keep it around half a tank. So a full tank is rare for us. Anyway I forgot he filled it up and I was driving down the road. I always check my gauges to make sure there is oil pressure and that it isn't over heating. Just out of habit I do this because of a traumatic experience I had with an older car a few years ago. So I glance down and to my horror one of the gauges was wrong, my heart dropped and I panicked for a second. On a better look I noticed that it was just that my gas tank was full. It may not be to funny for you all but I cracked my self up. I think Bode must think I am crazy cause I was laughing so hard.
On a sad note, just for me. I almost got a new car this weekend. We wanted to get a suburban but again with gas the way it is, we wont get one until we need one. So we decided to get some kind of car. That way it would be cheaper for us to come down to the valley more often. We have the loan all set up and were just waiting for the right car to come along. I found a 2001 Jetta that I fell in love with. It was in Apache Junction, we talked with the sales person and made the deal. We were about to leave to go get it and we chickened out. Right now the only big payment we have is our mortgage. No car payments or anything and we decided to keep it that way. To bad so sad. Maybe for my birthday instead. (Someone talk Jeremiah into it.)

3 comments:

  1. That's too bad about the Jetta. You sounded so excited about it when I talked to you on the phone. But if you change your mind there is a Passat in St. Johns. This local guy keeps a few cars around and sells them, but he does really well. He tries to give you the best deal possible, so you might think about driving by sometime.....(I'm really just trying to get you to come visit)

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't get a car! payments are bad. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails