Thursday, August 14, 2014

Trek...

Jer and I got asked to be a Ma and Pa for the stake trek. We didn't even have to think twice about it. We both said yes. It sounded like a fun adventure with Jeremiah. We nearly backed out a few weeks before because I was so sick with morning sickness and wasn't sure I could do it. But Jer told me to tough it out ;)
We figured I'd be about 15 weeks. That meant I was over sick and not getting big so it was a good time.
In the end I am really glad my husband had more faith in me than I did. It was great and we'd do it again in a  heart beat.

Our before and after. Yikes. We were so dirty and stinky. It was 25 miles and 4 days. The first day was hard. Hard, hard, hard. We walked until about midnight. We got to a point where the  "mob" turned us around and made us go another way. Not going to lie. We were beat. There were a few tears shed.
We got to the camp were we were given a cup of broth and a biscuit. We were hungry and it was so good. 
That night we rolled out our sleeping bags under the start and slept. Well some slept. It was cold!
I froze and was worried that our family was cold and slept horrible.

The next day we pulled the cart a bit further to "zion". We set up camp there for 2 days where we did fun activities, learned to square dance and bonded with our "family".


These kids were great! We were lucky to have such a fun group of kids. There were tired but never gave up.



Jer was quite scroungy in the end. Turning 30 really made Jer's facial hair really come in ;)
I personally like the clean shaven look. The mustache made me chuckle when I saw him. I really couldn't take him seriously with it on his face. 

It was hard. We were tired and sore for days and days! But like I said, we would do it again in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails