Sunday, August 4, 2013

Want to remember...


  • This morning we had to get up a little early to go to Tucson for baby Dash's blessing. Laine got up a little late but still needed a shower. She wanted a bath. I needed her to take a shower because it was quicker. I told her if she would take a shower I would paint her toe nails. We ended up having more time than I thought in the morning, she reminded me to paint her nails, so I did. On the drive home in the evening she yelled from the back seat to me "thanks for keeping your promise!". I asked her what promise and she replied "You said that you would paint my nails and you did. Thanks mom, I love you!". I was glad I took the extra 5 minutes to paint her nails today. I wonder how many times I have said I would do something and broke my promises. Far to many I am sure. I can't say yes every time my kids want me to do something but I can say yes sometimes. I need to listen to them before I say no.
  • Bode got to stay up in Pinetop for a few extra days with my parents this week. He had so much fun. I could barely get him to talk to me at all on the phone while he was away. I figured he was just growing up and didn't need me too much. One night Bode told my mom he wasn't feeling well. He was up and down all evening and told her he didn't sleep good. He seemed to be happy when we got him back today. Piper was happy to see him! She yelled "Bowweee" and ran to him. Later in the evening as Bode was going to bed he walked up the stairs and told me "If I wake up during the night its only because I miss my mom, but you're here now so I will sleep good". Melted my heart! He did miss me. After getting tuck in for the night he came to me crying with tears running down his face. He told me he was so scared he was going to miss me all day while he was at school. Then he just went on and on telling me he was afraid second grade would be to hard. He was worried they wouldn't do + or - anymore, only multiplication, He was afraid I wouldn't be at home when he got home. He only wants me to pick him up. He and I sat on the bed while he let all his fears loose, He didn't even want to go tomorrow. He finally decided it was ok if he could go if he could bring a stuffed animal. Well, since the animal was too big to take I found a little stuffed heart to take instead. (this is a pinterest idea, not mine. I just happened to remember it and have a little heart at the right time) I told him that whenever he missed me he could reach in his pocket to feel the heart and he could remember that I love him and miss him too. This seemed to perk him up. We wiped away the tears, I gave him a hug and he went off to sleep. He is such a sweet boy. I sometimes treat him older than he is. I need to remember that he is only 7 and let him be little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails