Sunday, August 18, 2013

Things we learn along the way...


  • I found the thought above on Pinterest today. I love it. So many times I compare my life to those around me. What I have, what they have, spiritual knowledge to mine, and so many other things. I have to constantly remind myself that I am no where near the middle of my journey here on earth. Jeremiah and I haven't been married for years and years. Financially we are stable but just beginning to get to where we want to be. I have only been a parent for 7 1/2 years. I need to remember that we just started our life together. I don't want to miss this time we have now wishing we were in another part of someone else's journey.
  • It is not my responsibility to please or make everyone happy. Maybe people won't or don't like me because of this, but really I prefer to spend my time with people who don't suck the happiness out of a room when they walk in. I am not saying everyone has to put on a happy, fake face all the time but expecting others to change you or how you feel isn't going to do much. 
  • Its amazing how much better I feel about the day when I get up early, work out, shower, put a little effort into how I look and make my bed. I used to wake up with the kids, clean house, hang out in jammies till noon, shower and wish I had worked out. Switching up a bad routine can do great things.
  • Dry shampoo. It's fantastic. I have a huge wave to the back of my hair. It is a pain to blow-dry. It takes soooo long to dry and straighten out. If it would dry nicely without all the work I would do that. But unless I blow it dry I look like a frumpy hobo. The last time I tried to grow my hair out I was washing and drying it everyday. It was unhealthy and brittle. Plus in the summer it was so hot to dry it. This time I have found dry shampoo. No I only dry my hair every 3 or 4 days. Cuts down on the time it takes me to get ready in the morning. I just spray it in and restyle my hair. Wonderful stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails