Thursday, June 6, 2013

Last day of school...



Bode finished up his 1st grade year in May.
He had a great year. His grades where great, he got straight E's this last quarter. That means "excelling". He for the most part loves going to school. He did have a few pretty convincing fake out days where he played sick...

We go to Grandma Rena's on Sunday to have dinner. In April we managed to go a few Sundays in a row. There are always yummy treats. I always tell them they can try a few but don't over do it. He over did it that night. He spent the night hugging the bowl. He missed 2 two days of school because he threw up in the night. The same thing happened the next Sunday. I limited the treats but he still threw up in the night. Missed school. The next week I was a hawk. They had 1 treat! The next day was Grandma Brooks's funeral and I could not have sick kids! Sure enough early that morning I hear Bode barfing in the kids bathroom. What the heck! He comes in and says, "mom, I threw up. You can check the toilet". He walks away.... I was not fooled this week.  I gave him some pepto and off to school he went. Later in the day Kim asked me if Bode was feeling ok. I told her he was fine even though he threw up in the morning. She laughed. She told me before we were leaving that Sunday night, he was cramming his belly with the veggie tray, chips, fruit and anything else because he said he wanted to be sick so he didn't have to go to school. What a kid. He can make himself throw up. I fell for it 3 weeks in a row. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails