Sunday, April 7, 2013

Your birth and family...


*What is your full name and how did you get that name?  Do you have any nicknames?

Heidi Elyse Merrill was my name until I took my husbands last name. So my full name is Heidi Elyse Joncas. My mom said she always like the name Heidi, even though her mother didn't. There was a girl named Heidi Houghso (sp) in my mom's town. My grandma didn't like her. Thought she was odd. My mom like it and named me Heidi anyway. 

I've been called "Eddie-ide-Odie" "Heidi-Loo-Whoo" and "Heidi-Ho"

*What are your parent's full names?
Patrica Lou (Brewer) Merrill and David Alden Merrill

*What is the date of your birth?  Where were you born?  What are some of the circumstances (when your mom went in to labor, how long, her doctor, your dad fainting, etc.) of your birth? (I'm letting my mom write this part)

*What are your sibling's full names? 
Peter Cole Merrill
Sarah Jill Papa
Timothy Reed Merrill
October Lee Brooks
*How was your relationship with your siblings and parents?



I think we all had a good relationship growing up. We played, laughed and talked. I can't remember any specific moments but some of my favorite times were family vacations. All of us in the car, staying at koa's. We would all swim together. There aren't huge gaps in ages between all of us except Lee. Pete, Jill and Tim always seemed to go together. Lee and I always were together. On our vacations we all went together. I have good memories of us doing chores on Saturday mornings, Family Home Evenings, scripture reading in the morning, sitting on the porch on Sunday afternoons and eating popcorn while watching America's Funniest Video's on Sunday evenings.  

*What are some lessons you learned from you parents?
Hmmm... well to name a few. I learned to work hard. I think my parents taught me to have a no nonsense attitude. If something needs to be done, just do it. They taught me that my family and faith come first. They taught be how to fish, go camping and also to have manners. They taught us to help others.

*How did you help in your home?  

We all were expected to do our part. We did everything from doing the dishes, weeding the garden, mowing the lawn, vacuuming, laundry, making beds, so painting the house. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails