Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I might get in trouble...

for posting about this but I am going to anyway.

Last summer our tahoe decided it was on its last leg. Rather than sink a bunch of money into it to keep it going we decided to buy a new car. We bought a brand new Chevy Traverse. We figured it was a good choice. It had good gas mileage and had a 3rd row. It was the base model, all wheel drive. Well fast forward to this last January we started doing the Dave Ramsey program. We wanted out of that car! It was a big payment for a car that ultimately we decided was too small for us. We couldn't put our camping stuff in the back. My stroller didn't fit and I had to stuff my groceries in it. 

I called all over trying to trade, sell or "give it back". We were upside down in it. (don't buy a new car) Everyone we went to said we would need to come up with lots of $ to get out of it. So we went back to the dealer bought it from and explained that we weren't happy with the car. We wanted something bigger. After some negotiating we come away with a car we feel like is the car we will drive for years and years. As many have said, "we are officially mormons now", we bought a 2009 suburban and we love it! It may not have been Dave Ramsey approved purchase ;) but we are very happy to have it. Bode went with me when I traded in the old car. He got in and said "it has tv's in it, lets take it". The downside it the gas mileage. We are just readjusting to making less trips around town. 


There is so much space. I'm in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails