Friday, March 29, 2013

The squeamish should look away...

Spring break was a few weeks ago. We started it off with stitches. The kids were busily playing together. They had been running through the house and yard all day. I was in the kitchen when I hear Bode crying. It wasn't a "my sister is annoying me" cry. It was a panicked "I'm hurt" kind of cry. He come in bleeding, holding his right arm. He kept saying things like, "a knife came from nowhere. It fell from somewhere. Laine did it". One look at it and I knew it needed stitches. I wrapped it up. Piled the kids in the car and drove to Thyra's so she could watch the girls.

Getting the actual stitches was a bit traumatic. He was very scared it would hurt. They numbed it up but he was still not wanting the doctor to touch him. The second the doctor started to get the needle out Bode started crying about needing to go pee. So, I took him to the bathroom and convinced him that no matter what he said he was still getting stitches. We came back to the room. I had to hold him down. Not fun holding down a big 7 year old. So sad. He then realized that it wasn't hurting and they finished him up really quick. He got 4 stitches.

They were in for a week and he thought it was pretty cool. I swear, Bode really uses our health insurance. So far no broken bones (knock on wood).  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails