Wednesday, July 4, 2012

An adventure...

We didn't go on a vacation last year. 
This year we had planned on going to Arkansas to visit my sister.  We ended up not being able to go. I don't feel like with my calling I could be gone for that amount of time and Jer ended up not being able to take the time off. So we had 4 days and decided to go to San Diego.


Our kids were great little travelers. We stopped once for lunch in Yuma and then again to get gas and to go potty. The kids just talked, played and kept themselves entertained for the ride. We got to out hotel, changed into our suits and were off to the beach.


I don't think I will ever forget the look and feel of the first time both of my kids saw the ocean. They are in awe. I love the excitement that they have to see something new. Bode was a little older than Laine when he saw the ocean. He was a bit shy at first but then he loved it. Laine was ready to dive in the second she saw the waves. They dug in the sand and chased the waves. Good memories.


Little Piper Pea was a trooper this whole trip. She like the ocean but did not like the sand. She is all about putting things in her mouth. Sand in the mouth is not good.


The beach we went to was nice. It wasn't big or crowded. It was nice and clean, plus it had this awesome park that over looked the ocean. I loved it. I don't think I could tire of taking them to a beach with this view!


We got pizza from this so, so yummy little pizza place just a block from the beach. I love all pizza but this was the best I've ever had. Jer is not as big of a pizza fan as I am and he gave it two big thumbs up. Pizza Port at Solana beach, I will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails