Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Dear Piper...

I know the next few days are going to be hard. I have thoroughly enjoyed breastfeeding you. You are such a sweet little baby and it makes me so sad to start weaning you. But just like with Bode and Laine, my body just can't give you what you want. You wouldn't know it to look at you (or Bode and Laine at that age) but you are hungry. After feeding you for long, frequent breastfeeding sessions, you still being hungry enough to take  formula on top of that, it is just time. I held out for a long time with Laine before I made the switch. That was a hard 6 weeks. I don't want this time to be like that. The last 2 weeks have been hard and I want my sweet Piper back. I am pretty sure that the best way to get her back is to wean you and give you the bottle. Plus your Daddy loves you so much. He wants to feed you too. And I know Bode and Laine are dying to give you a bottle. I will miss my sweet moments with you.


4 comments:

  1. Melt my heart! That picture is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute!
    Hey I wanted to ask you something, a long time ago you talked about a book you read. It was about filling your kids up with love, something like that. Do you remember what it was?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is called the 5 love languages of children. Such an awesome book. They have one for marriage that I keep meaning to pick up and read. It is one that is worth buying. I have read is quite a few times.

      Delete
  3. those times are hard to let go......Haleigh stopped cold turkey on me, my other kids I was able to wean.....its sad/yet freeing too! She's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails