Sunday, January 1, 2012

Wasn't that just yesterday...

Jeremiah and I got engaged on Christmas Eve 8 years ago.

2004
He drove up from the valley late on the 23rd. I remember him knocking on the door and me being so excited for him to be there. He was wearing jean shorts and there was snow on the ground.
He woke me up early on Christmas Eve. We went and got hot cocoa, drove to Porter Mountain and watched the sunrise. He got down on one knee and asked me if I would spent the rest of my mornings with him and marry him. I said yes, with all my heart! I have no idea why we have no pictures to document that first Christmas together. 

2005
I know very well why there are no picture of this year. We had just moved from Thatcher to Pinetop and I was pregnant. I really try to take no pictures when I am pregnant. But looking back now I wish I had at least one. We also didn't even have our own computer at our house. That is crazy. Now I basically carry a computer in my pocket.

2006
Bode's first Christmas. We were in our house in Lakeside.


2007
We were still in Lakeside. I think this is around the time Jeremiah told me he was going to apply for the police department. I was not to happy about it at the time. But I know that it was what were supposed to do. It was hard to do but I love my life here in the valley. At the time I didn't think I would. 


2008
Living in our first rental. I was 8 1/2 months pregnant with Delaine. This was a great Christmas. It was the first one where Bode got excited about things.


2009
Same rental house, different year. This year we had family over for Christmas Eve. Jeremiah and I hardly slept because we were so excited to have the kids open presents.


2010
This is in our current home. I absolutely love Bode's face in this picture. He was trying to keep his eyes open. I am missing that hair cut. I loved that I could put it in a pony tail. 


 2011
Here we are in the same house. I like us. We have grown so much in our 8 Christmas's together.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails