Sunday, November 13, 2011

Slow down please...

Newborns change so fast.
This is one of the first pictures of Piper we took on my phone.
So fresh and new except for the gel they put in their eyes after they are born.


We all agreed that she looks like a Joncas baby but she really has her own little look
Here are some of the many pictures I have taken on my phone the past 3 weeks. 
She has changed to much.


This was the first night Jeremiah had gone back to work. Of course it was 12:00 and she was wide awake. I text the picture to Jer and the caption for this picture was,
 "Hi Dad. I have the hiccups and they are keeping me awake".


This is the outfit we took her home from the hospital in. The day we found out she was a girl the kids and I went to pick something pink out for her. This is what they choose. She has such long little legs it was a bit short the day she came home. This is about a week later and those legs must have grown even more because it is even shorter.


This is me trying to force a binky on the poor girl. I may regret it later but for now I am pushing it on her. I think it will come in handy when she is fussy and I need to tend to her older siblings. Despite the look on her face she does seem to enjoy it. Not all the time but in the evening it comes in handy. She like these soothie ones over the nuk ones. I have never had a baby take a binky before so this is uncharted territory.


This is just the other night. She does look like Bode and Laine but she has a smaller less round face. 
I think she looks like Jeremiah. 


When she was 4 days old we took her into the pediatrician for her newborn check up. They found a little click in her right hip. They told us not to worry to much but it could be hip displacia, meaning her hip and hip socket didn't form right and there could be problems. Or it could have been just loose ligaments from birth that would tighten up in a week or so. We had to make a follow up appointment for 2 week to see if there were changes. So for 2 weeks every time I changed her diaper I looked at her hip and just prayed that it would be fine. Worrying  about her and then Bode's whole ordeal were keeping me close to tears at all times. Thank goodness Bode recovered quickly. When I went back in with Piper her hip check out fine. And in her 2 week life she had already gained a pound. Tipping the scales at 9 pound 3 ounces. She is now 3 weeks old and we all lover her to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails