Friday, August 5, 2011

Big Lake...

One Saturday morning we all hopped in the car to see Big Lake. In my mind I had this picture of ash, burnt trees, and pure desolation. It was so nice to drive up there and see the damage the fire had done with my own eyes. Truthfully, there were some bad, bad areas but over all I was so happy to see that is isn't all gone. I was happy to see that even though the fire destroyed so much we can still see the beauty and use the land.

This was a spot that was hit pretty hard. It is right across the road from the camp area we liked to go to. I say liked because the camp spot is nearly all burned down.

One place that I think everyone was happy to see standing is the Big Lake store.


The kids were so hoping we would hop in one of those boats and row away.


Lucky for them they were with grandpa and instead of going on a boat, they got ice cream.


It is a tradition to stop at the store and get a bit of ice cream. 
It may have only been like 9 in the morning  but it was still good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails