Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dread...

In one week I will start my first attempt at potty trained Laine Jo. I say first because we might give up and retry later. I think she is ready. Scratch that, I know she is ready. She doesn't like a wet diaper, can pull her pants on and off, get up on the potty all by herself, hide when she goes number 2 and she will tell me she needs to pee pee right after she wets her diaper. 

I am just dreading having to actually potty train her. She is a very stubborn, strong willed little girl. She does not do anything she doesn't want to do. I think it will be a frustrating time for all of us involved. She is just about 2 1/2 and with Bode starting school and a new baby I need to do this one on one thing with her right now.

As much as I am dreading the thought of potty trained there is a small piece of me that hopes she might just surprise me and take to it right away. This might be wishful thinking though. Maybe her strong willed, stubborn, independent self is just waiting to tackle this next step. 

After potty training we will head on to the next big step; switching from the crib to the big girl bed. Laine loves her crib. She has only climbed out twice and it scared her so she hasn't done it since. She is getting way to big to be in a crib but I am not ready to let go of that security, for her and for me. She still takes an afternoon nap and I don't want to give that up.

She has really grown up so much that last few months. Her little legs are loosing their baby rolls and she is looking so long. She can say anything she wants and practices all day by repeating what everyone around her is saying. The other day I was down stairs and I yelled up the stairs, "Laine, what are you doing?" and she yelled back,"Mom. I just don't even know!". 

We are planning on going to the summer movies every Tuesday this summer. We started today. I was very worried about how well that would go with Laine. Our last movie attempt ended up with Jeremiah and her walking around the theater more than them watching the movie. So the whole way to the movie we talked about how we act when we go to the movies. That we don't yell or scream, we sit by mom, hold her hand when we walk and most importantly we sit and watch the movie and not run around. Bode was very helpful on quizzing Laine on good movie manners. She did so well! Who knows if it will last but today was a success. 

Laine prefers to be nude, all the time. By the end of the day, nearly everyday, she is naked playing in the back yard. First I find a shirt, then later shorts and then a diaper. So far today we are down to a diaper and shirt. It is only a matter of time before...


2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see those little bodies in action in July!! Miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that comment she made! SO cute.

    My niece is like that. She will spill something on her shirt just so she can be naked!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails