Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I am dying to....

make over my kids' rooms!

A few weeks ago I did a little swap and got a new bed frame for Bode. It is much more manly compared to the white sleigh bed he is currently sleeping in.  It is very plain but has wooden spindles all across the headboard and footboard. It is the typical honey colored oak wood. I am really wanting to get started on painting it and getting bedding ready to redo Bode's room. After painting the bed, black I think, I am going to get some bedding.  I am thinking a plain quilt and  fun throw and pillows. Kind of like this...

picture from The Pleated Poppy


I found these quilts from Target for both of their rooms. Then I can't wait to go to Joann's to pick out material.
 

I am still going to go with the same cars and truck theme for his room to match his wall decor. Plus I want to make some more shelves, a new lamp and nightstand. Of course you all know when I say "new" I mean Goodwill finds, yards sales, basically anything as cheap as possible.



So here is Bode's before...

For Laine's room I am not quite so sure. I have been gathering inspiration from places all over trying to figure out what I want to do in there. I like the blues, greens and pinks. Basically the whole Pottery Barn Kids collection for girls.


Laine's before.



I just wish my pockets were are big as my plans. I know it will take a few months to do both rooms. I hope I can do them before the end of the year. 

2 comments:

  1. This is how I feel about our master bedroom! Good luck on your finds! I like the board signs for L's room!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails