Monday, November 15, 2010

Month of Thanksgiving Day(s) 13,14,15...

Day 13

Off duty jobs.

Jeremiah has been putting in some extra hours at work. Well not work but off duty jobs. I am grateful that they are available, especially this time of year. Although I wish the hours weren't so long. Jer has worked a 4 day work schedule for so long I forgot what a 5 day work week was like. I sure do like having three day weekends with him. So do the kids.

Day 14

Books.

I love to read. Suspense, drama, comedy, self help. They are all good. I am thankful that we live in a time and a place where we are able to read books. Anybody read anything good lately? I need a new book :)

Day 15

Today I am thankful that I am not single.

On our little street we have 3 single mothers. Two times there have been knocks on our door from these women asking for Jer to help them. I am so grateful that I have a partner that I trust that I can lean on and that he can lean on me. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heidi,

    I'm with you about the off duty jobs. My husband has been able to pick up some jobs in the past few months and it has been a huge relief and we been able to use the money to fix some stuff in the house. I don't know about Phoenix but in Gilbert the jobs are hard to get so we have been very grateful.
    I also love to read and will read anything.A book that was recommended to me and you have to read is "These is my words" by Nancy Turner. It is a mix of fiction and nonfiction of the authors family memoirs. It is written in a journal format at the prespective of her Great-Grandma. The family settled around the Douglas are in the late 1800's. It really is a great book and there are 2 more in the series. Other books and authors I enjoy are:

    The Hunger Games series, my sisters keeper, the last lecture and my aunt has me hooked on the authors Faye Kellerman and Michael Connelly. I just saw that Nicholas Sparks came out with a new book but I don't remember the name of it. James Patterson is good but his writing can be a little disturbing and sexual but I do like the "womens club" series of books I just skip over the sex parts. Let me know if you find anything. Have a wonderful holiday.

    Tish Hurd
    (in case you forgot-Jill's friend)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful things to be Thankful for!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails