Monday, November 1, 2010

By day...

These two beautiful kids are your average little hooligans but by Halloween night...

 They become a real root'n toot'n cowgirl.
And the oh so powerful Iron-man.
(Yes she literally tooted alot in that costume.)
(I am not 100% sure what you call this particular Iron-man. We called him blue Iron man)
 Trick or Treating was so much fun this year. Bode was so excited to go. Laine had no clue at first but she caught on quick and when she did she loved it! They would walk up to the doors together, Bode would say "trick or treat", Laine would hold up her bag, and they would run away while saying "thank you" for Bode and "dee dee" for Laine, which means thank you. I wish the video I took had turned out because it was so cute. Laine's bag was to big for her to carry but she wouldn't let anyone but her touch it. So she just ran door to door dragging it behind her. After the first 2 houses she totally caught on to the whole idea. She ran all night long. I think she wore Bode out!


I know the quality on this picture isn't that great but I means so much to me. Because of Jeremiah's job he isn't home 4 nights a week. For the past 3 years he has worked on Halloween. This was his first year going with us since Bode was Laine's age. I am grateful that he was there. It was so much less stressful with him there to help herd kids around. Both kids started off holding his hands. So sweet.


We told Bode he needed to hold Laine's hand when they walked to the houses to get their treat. He was so good, most of the time, to grab her hand, make sure she got her candy, and then to lead her back to us. Jeremiah told him he needed to protect her. I heard him talking to himself saying "I will protect Laine Jo. I am Bode. No. I am Iron-man. I will protect her."


We walked our neighborhood for about a half and hour then came back home to hand out our treat. I think Bode was just at happy to give the candy at to get it. Laine on the other hand was very happy to just sit and eat her candy.


We also attended our wards Trunk or Treat a few nights before Halloween.
(with out Jeremiah)
I have to say we have one great ward.
The activity committee put on a great party.
Before we left Bode was in the kitchen just jumping up and down saying
"I'm so excited! I'm so excited!!".
He wasn't disappointed.
Both kids played games, ate good chili, and got a ton of candy.


I asked Bode to give me is best Iron-man impression... 


Since Halloween was on a Sunday I had to make Laine a special dress.
I think it turned out quite cute.
But only because there is a cute little girl in it!


We had a great Halloween. Full of trick or treating and pumpkin carving... errr... well...
no pumpkin carving. But nobody missed it.
I just couldn't stand the thought of cutting into the beautiful pumpkin my mom grew.
Plus it looks to good sitting on my mantle.

4 comments:

  1. They look great, glad you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kiddos are so adorable! I may still you & your mom's What I am Thankful For!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun! Laine looks just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There costumes were so cute! I'm glad you had a fun holiday and your husband was able to spend it with you and the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails