Monday, June 21, 2010

The happiest place on earth...


Bode and Kolsen with their "1st time" buttons.
These boys were so excited to go to Disneyland!

We only got to see a few characters.
Luckily we got to see Goofy. Bode loves Goofy.
He walked right up to him and said hello.
Then got really shy for the picture.


Walking out of the park Bode was disappointed we didn't see more characters.
He really wanted to meet Micky, Robin Hood and Lighting McQueen.
We convinced him that Mickey was so busy that day, Robin Hood was in Sherwood forest protecting the park (I don't think there is Robin Hood in the park, right?), and McQueen was in his garage.
That made everything ok.

The look on Bode's face is sheer terror.
Jer had his hand on Bode's chest through this ride.
He said right at the drop off Bode got all tense and his heart started beating out of his chest.

We rode all the rides we could. The boys got to ride everyone.
They were very brave. I wasn't exactly sure how Bode would do on all the rides.
But each time after we got off he said, "That was COOL!"

We waited 2 HOURS to ride Splash Mountain. 2 flipping hours. I have never ever waited that long for any ride, ever. Natalie didn't want to ride it so she wondered around with the little girls while we waited, not so patiently, in line.

The little boys stood there the whole time. I was shocked. So we finally got ready to board the ride. There were 10 people in front of us when Jer turns to me holding Bode and says "Bode has to poop, right now". I seriously nearly had my own little break down. 2 hours of waiting and Bode has to poo. This was a no waiting kind of situation for the kid. So I grabbed Bode, talked to the line people, they said we could enter though the exit when he was done going potty and board the ride. I picked up Bode and literally ran with him football style through the park to the closest bathroom. We made it just in the nick of time. I am pretty sure another second in line there would have been more than one "log" floating down the Splash Mountain river.

After Splash Mountain we went and looked at the pictures they take of you on the ride. In the bottom corner there was a picture of Micky Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy. Bode was so excited. He told us that "Micky and Goofy saw him go down that water!!! We have to find them. They are so close!!" He then walked around for the next few minutes shouting for Mickey and Goofy :) I had to prompt him a bit in this video. I just had to get him saying Goofy on video. So cute :)





Laine was even big enough to ride a few rides.
I can't speak for her but I think her favorites were Buzz Light Year and Pirates of the Caribbean.
We all enjoyed the Pirate ride.
It was a small line, air conditioned and we all got to ride it together. 



All the kids did really, really good.
I have been to the park before but always with older people.
I always thought the people pushing around strollers and screaming kids were crazy.
I was right. It is a bit crazy. But it was so fun to bring my kids to the park.
We decided to go a bit later to the park so we would last later in the day.
There was the occasional melt down and cry fest. But over all the kids were troopers and waited so patiently in all the lines. I am so glad the Davis's could come. I don't think it would have been as fun if they weren't there.


1 comment:

  1. Lucky...what a fun vacation!!!! Kerrigan is OBSESSED with Mickey Mouse these days, I keep saying we need to go to Disneyland.

    Can I just say I basically love your kids...their cheeks are to die for!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails