Friday, May 21, 2010

This is just cool...


Laine has taken a big interest in babies and dolls these days. So I have been wanting to find her some new dolls to play with seeing as we have one. So I was at Goodwill the other day and found a 2 of the Disney princess dolls for $1 apiece. Now normally I do not buy plush toys second hand. Who knows what germs luck in their insides. But these dolls were in great shape. They were barely even touched so after a quick Lysol and antibacterial bath they were nearly as good as new. Like typical doll hair it was all matted and frizzy. So I googled how to fix doll hair, got the "recipe" for it and decided to see if it would work.

To fix synthetic doll hair you first spray with water, then windex and let it sit for a minute or two. The spray again with water then windex. Then coat all the hair with conditioner and let it sit for 5 minutes. Once the time has passed get a comb and start brushing it out. Then rinse thoroughly with water and let it dry. Occasionally combing the hair. I was very pleasantly surprised to see that it worked! It took a long time to dry and I was impatient so the "after" pictures are still wet.



Bode was very happy to have the little mermaid. He has a mad crush on her.

4 comments:

  1. Williamson familyMay 21, 2010 at 1:48 PM

    so cool! I never knew there was a way to fix that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome!!! Thanks for the TIP!! I wonder if it works for my lil pony hair. Alaya has a few my lil ponies that need a makeover!!I'll let ya know!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails