Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Every time I turn around...

this is what I find!

She loves my table. She has just figured out that the best way to enjoy the table and the world is sitting on top of it. Any suggestions on how to keep her off of there? I pulled the chairs away. She pushes them right back. I give her a time out every time I see here up there (which is every 4 or 5 mins) and really... time out isn't working on this little one year old. She doesn't get it yet. My next idea is to get 2 gates for the doors that go into there. But if she isn't climbing the table I am sure she will find something else. Maybe the best option is a helmet and pads... I forgot to mention that it doesn't matter if there is stuff on the table or not. She just likes to get up there.

6 comments:

  1. I have the same problem with my 2 little ones. I have found nothing that works. The only thing that works for us is out of sight but that is a pain after awhile. We tried pushing the chairs in all the way and it worked for a little while. David also likes to climb the back of couch and he has fallen over it a few times. I agree helmet and pads might have to do. I wanted to tell you that I bought the SB Diet book and hopefully it will be delivered in the next few days. I'm excited to start.

    Tish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a climber too! Once they are older it is easier to give them consequences but until then... baby gate? maybe she will find something softer or shorter to climb:) Or put those apples on the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that they are so busy, but really....the table...come on! Natalie just goes and goes and goes. I feel your pain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little monkey! I haven't had climbers, yet, so I don't know what to tell ya! I've got a taste tester of EVERYTHING in my house though that is the same age!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had the same problem with Kamden. For the longest time we just had to tie the chairs to the table with a big rope. Tacky.. but it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One vote for the helmet and pads! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails