Saturday, February 27, 2010

Knock off part 2...

(scroll to previous post to see how it was made)
I put up my ABC canvas today.
It did not look right.

See look how boring. Just a bunch of beige shapes.
So I tried to add some color to the mix.
Now there was just a bunch of beige shapes with a red circle.
I decided to paint the frames.
I absolutely love these frames.
They have a fun paisley pattern on them.
First they were green.
Then linen with a brown wash. (like the picture above)
Then finally they ended up a robins egg blue color with a brown wash.
I added fabric ties at the top to finish them.





In the end I decided that the canvas looked unfinished without a frame.
Lucky I had a big one out in the garage.
It is too big, so there is about an inch boarder between it and the canvas.
I painted it red.
I am loving the red and the blue.
To bad my camera is taking horrible pictures.
It looks much better in person.

15 comments:

  1. ummmm OKAY!!! Can you please come decorate my house!!! I needs some major TLC and I think your the right person for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You amaze me! The fact that you got the project done in the first place is far more than I would have ever accomplished. Add on top of that, you didn't like how it turned out, so you took the steps to make everything look amazing...can a little of that determination and creativity come my way?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it!!! looks AWESOME! youre soo stinkin creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need you to immediately fly out to CT and come decorate my house! I haven't taken down my Christmas decorations yet, because I think my house will be too bare, but don't know what to replace them with!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so talented! It came out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work!
    God's blessings,
    Sarah :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did an amazing job! I love PB inspired DIY - such much more affordable and with a personal touch. How rewarding and yours looks fantastic! Great job!

    Thanks for sharing in the DIY Project Parade!

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job...love how you made your own and cheaper! That's always so great. And I love the turquoise frames.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I had TINY portion of your talent, you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I REALLY need your help with my house. It is so boring and I am not at all crafty. You always have such cute ideas! Mabye we could trade off. I will watch your kids whenever you need and you come help me decorate!! Sound good???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I don't think I would have been able to see something that "doesn't look right" and know how to fix it. It looks great!`

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's looks really good! The blue made such a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where have I been? Love the DIY, need to catch up (and maybe visit teach would be good too). I too love the blue and red.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails