Monday, January 4, 2010

Time for change...

I got my new red curtains. I love the look they add to this room. Just a little more substantial then the white sheers.

This cork board got a little new life to it. I found it and its matching white board at goodwill for $2 apiece. The cork in this had seen better days but I just covered it with some left over fabric and ta-da it is new again. It fills is some dead space I had above the computer. Speaking of the computer...

Check out my awesome new chair. The picture quality is horrible but you can still see it. Jer's dad was getting rid of it and I was happy to take it off his hands. It is the perfect little leather computer chair for my desk.


So after I was so happy about finding my old pillows online I changed my mind and decided to go another way. I found these beauties at the HomeGoods Store and fell in love. I love the paisley print and the pale blue mixed with the red, yellows and tans. Plus they are better quality and they were cheaper. Score!





So here is the room for now....
I love the pillows, curtains and the layout...
Here are my 3 questions:

Are the bird houses on the entertainment center looking outdated?

I put up the American flag picture to fill a space. I think it is more of a 4th of July decorations and doesn't match the room. What should go up there?

The curtains I love, the tops not so much. Should I make some kind of cornices board to cover them or just leave them alone?


5 comments:

  1. maybe its the same as you are saying..cornice board...i would have to google that lol but i think we are talking about the same thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. still love the bird houses...might just be me..
    maybe a family name or saying above the entertainment unit
    something over the curtins would make it look alittle more eligant but they also look fine the way they are. what about a cute paisley print sconse(sp?) accenting the new panel color

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not that my opinion means much but I love decorating too! I agree with Francie - still like the birdhouses, maybe something besides the flag picture. For the top of the curtains I would wind some of that garland-like stuff that is like twigs and berries sort of thing...do you know what I mean? That would add a bit more and go along with your look but wouldn't be as focal as a cornice. I love that stuff - I got some for super cheap about this time last year since it was red.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about a vinyl sign board to replace the flag, something with or about the Temple? Family? or even a large family portrait? Wrought iron circle of something or a nice big clock from kirklands or real deals???

    Love the red curtains!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute stuff, I can't wait to come visit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails