Thursday, May 28, 2009

Pull over I see a yard sale...

* Jer pointed out that I forgot to say that we got a set of full size sealy pillow top mattress too. So $150 for the bed $100 for the mattress. Anyway you put it we got a deal.


Last week while my parents were in town we spend Saturday morning driving around to yard sales. They were pretty hit and miss. I had found some ties for Bode but wasn't haveing much luck. I am always looking for a good piece of furniture that I can turn into something beautiful. We pulled around the corner and I immediately saw this beautiful foot-board. We stopped and I asked about the bed. She showed me the whole bed and told me it was barely used. I didn't even want to ask the price because it was really nice. I was shocked when she told me she wanted $300 for it but would take a good offer. I got her name and number and walked back to the car trying to figure out how I could get it. Jer came and looked at it and said I could have it, yeah!! I offered $250. This sweet lady could probably have seen in my eyes how much I wanted this bed and she said $250 sounded great.





Oh yes just to finish off the story. Make sure that when you buy a bed it is the right size. I asked the lady what size it was and she said full/queen. Meaning the rails would get wider to accommodate for the wider queen mattress. Well yes they did get wider but the rails were only for a full size length too. So after some handy work by my sweet handyman. We now have custom queen length rails for our bed.

I love this bed. It is beautiful. Thank you Jeremiah for letting me get it!!!

6 comments:

  1. What cha bet you keep it for the rest of your life? I love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! I'm jealous you always find good deals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JEALOUS!!!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an absolutely GORGEOUS bed! What a steal! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails