Thursday, November 6, 2008

Adventures in potty training...

We have officially started potty training. Bode has been interested in the toilet about a month or maybe a bit longer. He had spend a little bit of time with his cousins, who are all potty trained, and was very curious about the whole process. About 2 weeks ago Bode and Jer went and bought a potty and "Thomas" underwear. So Bode has been putting them on and experimenting with sitting on the potty. So this week we have been really working on it, not just experimenting. It has been going pretty good. He has caught on to the pee-pee part. I have even caught him going by himself, with out me asking. Yesterday I followed him in the bathroom and he told me to get out! So I did, but left a little crack so I could peer in and see him through the mirror's reflection. He sat there talking to himself for about 2 minutes and then asked me to come in. To my shock had gone number two. To bad not every try was like this. The afternoons are a bit more shaky. He is like any other kids and gets busy and forgets that he is not wearing a diaper. When he does have an accident he tells me "yucky" and "its cold". Hopefully things keep going in this positive direction. Wouldn't be great it I could get him all potty trained before the next one comes? I have 11 weeks to get it done.

6 comments:

  1. Way to go Bode! That would be wonderful for you to not have two in diapers. I remind myself of that (and many other things) when thinking of having another one again so soon. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's such a big step and we can't wait for it, but at the same time i am sad our kids are getting older, toddler stage doesn't last long enough! cute bode!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome!!! I can't wait till Alaya is potty trained, Its such an exciting time. Who knew you would ever be happy about peeing and pooping?

    ReplyDelete
  4. umm so i just had to get on here really fast and tell you that I saw you guys at church on sunday! Were you there for a baby blessing? We were too! Funny thing is, is that I noticed you by seeing Bode! I was like....he looks super familiar (even though Ive only ever seen him in pictures) hah....how funny is that!? Do you guys live in QC? Ps-sorry I didnt stop and say hi....things were crazy afterwards and I tried looking for you, but I think you might have left :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like he is getting close! Keep it up, it is nice not to have big kid poop to clean up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails