Monday, March 3, 2008

Every woman loves a man in a uniform...

Congratulations Jeremiah on getting hired by the Phoenix Police Department!
Life in the Joncas home has been in limbo for the last few months. We had been feeling for quite awhile that we needed a change. In December Jeremiah and I both felt like if we wanted to make a change we needed to do it now and not procrastinate any longer. So in January Jeremiah started the hiring process for the Phoenix Police Department. Through a series of physical, psychological and medical tests we found out that he has been officially hired. He will start the Academy on April 7, with prehire starting on March 24.
This has all happened so fast. We are grateful for this opportunity. We are excited to have health insurance and all the other benefits that go along with it. I know that it can be a dangerous job but we both feel good about the decision we have made.
The biggest bummer is that we have to move. Which means leaving my family. I feel so blessed to have had these past few years to live so close to my parents and little sister. I love them both so much and it will be so hard to not have them close to me and my family. Every time I think about this is makes me cry. So this is all I can write about right now.
I am also very grateful for the job that Jeremiah has had with my Dad. I am grateful that my husband was able to spend time with my Dad. Even if my Dad doesn't know it he has been a great example for Jeremiah.
So now we are actively starting to take the steps necessary for us to move down to Peoria (or Surprise, we aren't quite sure when or where we will be planting our roots.) Jeremiah sold his Cherokee today. We are planning on getting a Honda so he can commute with better gas mileage. We are going to put our house up for sell this week. Jeremiah will be moving down in the middle of March. Bode and I will be in Pinetop until our house sells, cross your fingers for us. Our plan is to live in Jason and Natalie's little casita until Jer is done with the Academy and then we will look to but a house.
That is our news for now. Please keep us in your prayers as we embark on this new chapter in our lives!

16 comments:

  1. Heidi,
    This is the PERFECT time to be moving...perfect house buying time. If you are looking anywhere in the Gilbert area, I can be your friend! Good Luck with everything! My brother-in-law is a Scottsdale Police officer and loves every minute of it! Enjoy it!
    Bailey (Taytums friend & now yours, heeh)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting, a new chapter in your lives! I am sure all will work out well. Good luck with everything and keep us all posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Jer! We're excited for you guys to be down here!! Hope everything works out smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting!!! Glad everything has worked out so perfectly! That always gives you the assurance that you're doing the right thing! We'll pray that your house sells QUICK!! Congrats guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Jeremiah! I too am sad you have to leave Pinetop, but what an adventure for you! Lots of new friends and a fun life! :) We are so excited for you and this new job. We will keep Jer in our prayers to keep him safe. Hooray for Jeremiah!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now we really have no excuse but to come and visit you! You'll practically be neighbor's with Aaron's fam. I am so excited for you, what a change. Good luck on your upcoming adventure of moving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys, and really want to come visit! We move to Utah in October, making it much easier to visit Arizona... much closer! Congrats again, and good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As everyone has said we are so excited to have you guys come down here to the valley. I hope things go quickly with your house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to Jeremiah! Surprise is a nice area. We are excited for you & sad at the same time that you are moving away. Let us know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy cow! This seems so fast and crazy! I never imagined you not living in Pinetop. What about Jeremiah's schooling? Does he not want to do what your dad does now? I thought he was going to take over that business someday? Wow, I'm just so shocked!

    Congrats on the new job though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my goodness. what big news! I hope you can get your home sold quickly so that your family won't have to be separated for too long. I can't imagine being away from my husband. I know Jeremiah has said he wanted to be a cop since he was a teenager... so now he gets to live his dream. Congrats Joncas Family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so awesome heidi! I can totally see him being a police officer. I hope everything works out for the best. Bode is so stinkin cute bytheway!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We knew you could do it. We are so excited for you guys and look foward to having you live much closer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the new job. What a big step you guys are making. He's brave going on with Phoenix. I'm sure he'll be busy. Josh is in the process of applying to a few police depts around the valley. We'll keep you guys in our prayers. :) I know a good realtor if you need one. ;) adam's been quite busy. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah, another officer in the family! You guys will now be apart of that special, one of a kind world. It's hard to explain it to others, but soon enough you will know what I mean! (I'm not meaning that in a negative way) It will be an exciting year for your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! I will be fun to see you guys more often. I hope the move goes smoothly! Good job Jer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails