Saturday, September 15, 2007

Poor Stat!

So here is our story of the week~
Last Thursday night I was taking Stat out to go to the potty in the front yard. Normally he does his business and come right back in with one call. But there were people across the street and he was getting close to the road and barking at them. So I couldn't get him to come back to me and it was dark to I turned around to get Jer to try to bet him back in. Right when I turned around I saw a truck flying down our street. It screeched on its breaks and all I heard was Stat yelling. Jer ran out and got him, I just started bawling. He looked pretty bad, his paw looked all mangled and he wasn't moving much. So I called the emergency vet and they were swamped and couldn't see him until like 4am so they gave us some instructions to help him through the night. We wrapped him in gauze and kept him warm. Jer took the night shift, what a great guy.
He looked tons better in the morning. We called the vet and they told us to bring him in right away. They did a full exam and took a bunch of x rays. And the miracle is that he didn't even break a bone!!!! He got pretty banged up. He got surgery to fix his left front paw. The skin was torn off from his writs to the elbow. We got to take him home last night. And he is doing so good. I am going to have to be patient was the potty issue. He gets so embarrassed to have accidents in the house. But he is up and walking around and eating. We are so darn lucky!!!! The pictures aren't the greatest.





7 comments:

  1. oh poor thing! How sad. I am glad too hear that he is doing much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad he is ok! We were so scared for you guys! He looks great considering what he went through! I couldn't imagine watching that! If that were our dogs I would have cried all night!! He looks so good though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! Poor guy. I'm glad he's ok though. I would have FLIPPED!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be so scary! I'm glad he is doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's funny how we get so attached to animals. They really are human to us. I'm glad he's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O so sad!! Thanks for commenting on my page, I LOVE my boxers! Actally the one of the far left in a red collar is my parents boxer that I grew up with, then Nash my dog in the blue collar came along in January, and then my sister got her two boxers two weeks after me, so they have all grown up together! I love boxers because they are super sweet, fun, and very good with kids. I have never met a mean boxer. A little hyper though. But my parents boxer got so tame and very mellow after a few years old. Maybe around 4 or 5 yrs old. Mine is super hyper right now though, and thats just how they are. Hyper but good dogs! They dont seem to listen well sometimes though, or are not as good with dog tricks as say a lab would be. Hhaa, anyhow, let me know if you have anymore questions, but he is sure a cutie!! ANd your son by the way... soo hilarious watching him sing. and YA I totally remember you, just never had the chance to get to know u super well.. but we have alot of the same friends, so we should be friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was his downfall, poor stat got his brains rattled.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails