Friday, August 24, 2007

Noboby wants C.H.A.O.S.





So this is how this charts works. I have this specialized for my house, so you do the same for the rooms and priority of the rooms in your house. I set up a table in publisher or word to keep it organized.


To the left is a description of what each job entails. So if for some reason my husband wants to mop he can look to the left and know that "mop" on the chart means that the kitchen floor, entryway, bathroom and laundry room needs to be mopped at the same time. (so he might choose and easier chore instead)


On each day there is a "deep clean" day. That means that each day a specific room or area gets special treatment. Like if it is the laundry room, instead of just spot cleaning it I go full on and spend extra time in there to make sure it gets extra clean because I wont really clean it again for a whole week. So when "bedrooms" come along I clean out drawers and closets without losing to much time.


At the bottom I have morning and evening things that must be dome everyday. Mind are; make beds, unload dishwasher. In the evening; load dishwasher, sweep and spot clean.


Spot cleaning is picking up the small messes from the day toys, shoes, projects, and throwing away old mail and trash.


Another thing that gets done everyday in the kitchen. I wipe down counters and keep them free of clutter. I load the dishwasher through out the day. Maybe it is just me but when my kitchen is lcean I feel like my house is just plain old cleaner.


This has really helped me. Hopefully it can do the same for me. I don't always follow it exact but if I atleast try, my house stays under my control. I am always looking for time saving house things so post what you guys to. I would live it!

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! What do you have on Saturday and Sunday? Anything??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting that... I just made one! I've been trying to do something online kinda like that called Fly Lady but its just a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made one of these charts recently... but have had a really hard time following it. I think I over-loaded myself on some days. But yours is better and after seeing it, I'm going to re-do mine! I love posts like this, because I get really motivated by other people. Thanks!!

    P.S. I got your email and tried to fix my blog, but NO LUCK!! I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'll have to work on it some more.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails