Monday, December 4, 2006

Merry Christmas!

We had a fun time this weekend. Last year we were moving and everything was in boxes so it was hard to really put a Christmas together. So this year we decided to really start our Christmas traditions, starting with getting our tree on December 1. Jeremiah and I dropped Bode off at my parent’s house and we went up into the woods to find our tree. It took a long time.
The snow was still fresh up there so we were in 4 wheel drive the whole time. We kept stopping, getting out, looking at trees, then getting back in; we did this for like two hours with no Christmas tree. Finally we were both ready to go and we saw one tree. Jeremiah liked it, I wasn’t so convinced, but he just cut it down anyway. We were getting ready to pull out on the main road when Jeremiah decided to make sure the tree was tied on good enough, and all we heard was “sssssssssss”. We popped our tire. We drove over a screw driver. So Jeremiah changed it then we were on our way.
We put it up later that night and although I was worried, it turned out so beautiful! I love it. We didn’t want the typical all even tree, we wanted a Charlie Brown tree and it looks so good. Bode won’t touch it. He did once and it poked him and he won’t go near it now. He just sits in front of it and claps his hands together.
Another tradition that my family has is going to the park Christmas tree lighting. It was so cold and we thought we might not go, but it is always fun so we braved the cold and went anyway. Jeremiah has been sick to he stayed home. My Mom, Lee, Bode and I went.
Bode thinks he is pretty big stuff these days. He will pull himself up on anything that will stay still.
He also cut his first tooth. We found it on Saturday morning when I was feeding him something off my finger and he bit me. We tried to get a picture but he won't let us, he just sticks his tongue out.





3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Charlie Brown tree. And Heidi.. I love your hair all wavy like that.. it looks beautiful! :) Your house looks adorable too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally I think Bode looks like your hubby, but in that picture of the two of you, I think he looks a lot like you! Our tastes are so much a like, I can't believe how similar the colors in my house are to yours. Weird...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tree is so cute! I wish we could go cut down our own tree... but instead ours came from Wal-Mart.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails